MES Modeling Language for a successful MES Implementation
Ensuring the successful rollout of a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) requires an unambiguous specification that is understandable across disciplines, and which precisely describes all functional and technical system requirements. This is exactly what the Manufacturing Execution System - Modeling Language (MES-ML) provides – a graphical description language based on BPMN for requirements gathering and the specification of manufacturing execution systems. This closes the gap between IT and production.
- Intuitively understandable graphical description language
- Simple integration of information from different technical departments, such as IT and production
- Better communication between users and system suppliers
- More efficient and inexpensive MES project execution
- Creation of more precise and complete specifications
- Prevention of high adjustment costs due to imprecise specifications
Successful start in an SAP MES Project with the MES process modeling workshop from Trebing + Himstedt
Process modeling provides three views of the plant
Technical systems model
Mapping of plant structure – from the production to sensor level
Production processes model
Visualization of production processes, business processes and processes to maintain the production state
Model of the MES to be developed, and adjacent systems (ERP, PLS, etc.)
The description language for the production process and MES model is based on BPMN (Business Process Model and Notation), which in the past few years has developed into the de facto standard for business process management.
Together with the Technical University of Munich and the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, we have developed MES-ML as a graphical description tool for modeling and specifying MES. We are available as a competent advisor for process modeling and description. Please contact us for further information.