Adding new value to products with software
- Configuration: your customers can no longer configure your products individually after delivery and adapt them in an optimized way for new uses
- Roles: In the field, your customers cannot use your products customized for different roles
- Functions: Customers cannot use new software-related functions themselves
- Complex: Products with a high degree of configuration require a high and costly diversity of parts in your company
Products in discrete manufacturing are increasingly defined by their properties on the software side. Customers want individually adaptable products in order to be able to cover their changing requirements in a lean and efficient manner. They want to be able to do this as independently as possible on site and easily.
In order to be able to do this comprehensively and in a customer-oriented manner, products are being transformed into product service systems (PSS). This enables the sustainable adaptation of products in the existing life cycle.
A significant advantage for your company lies in the potential to reduce your own diversity of parts and to maintain or expand the variety of configurations.
In the long term, adaptable products serve to increase customer loyalty, as you make it easier and faster for your customers to use and adapt your products.
We help your product development to make their products adaptable to users by making the product software adaptable to constantly changing customer needs.
The result is apps for the products that enable the manufacturer to offer services locally using edge computing.
Our colleague Anne Huber is available for an initial consultation.
We at Trebing + Himstedt have been developing and implementing digitalization in discrete manufacturing from A to Z since 1992. From brainstorming in workshops, implementation, provision of the system landscape to training, we accompany our customers in their sustainable digital transformation.
How we can support you in developing and building adaptable products:
- Designing the software-side mapping of product configurations.
- Implementing the IT architecture on a cloud basis
- Integration of product information
- Go-live and support